Detailed declaration and simplified declaration
There are two types of declaration:
- the detailed declaration
- the simplified declaration
Your first declaration will always be a detailed declaration, in which you inform us in detail on the weights of the commercial and industrial packaging for which you are the party responsible for packaging.
If this detailed declaration is less than 25 tonnes, you can choose to make a simplified declaration the following year. This declaration is based on the evolution of your turnover. You can use this method for 4 years, even if the tonnage of your declaration exceeds 25 tonnes, as long as it does not exceed 50 tonnes. Every 5th year, we ask you to complete a detailed declaration again.
If you do not qualify for a simplified declaration, you will have to complete a detailed declaration each year.
Example simplified declaration
- For year n, your detailed declaration indicated 24 tonnes of single-use industrial packaging
- For the declaration of year n+1, you choose to make a simplified declaration and you provide us with the following turnover: turnover year n = €100,000,000 turnover n+1 = €125,000,000
- Your turnover has therefore increased by 25%. We apply this percentage to the declaration of year n to calculate the weight of your declaration for year n+1: 24 tonnes + 25% = 30 tonnes for the declaration of year n+1.
- For the declaration of year n+2, you can still use this method, even if the tonnage of the year n+1 is greater than 25 tonnes.
- For the year n+5, by contrast, it will be necessary to complete a detailed declaration again.